Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Magnus Johansson <rn...@rnd.se> on 2005/03/28 13:36:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Slow autoindexing

Hi!

I'm very new to Apache (2.0.52) and got my server working just yesterday.

However, autoindexing of a root-catalog takes some time, of course the
fact that the files are on nfs might contribute, but listing the 273
directories there shouldn't take five seconds, should it (ls doesn't)?
The only thing I can think of is that mod_autoindex might traverse the
entire tree to get directory sizes, even though they're not listed, is
this the case? I haven't found anything so just to do something I've
tried turning off FancyIndexing and the Suppress*-options but no
difference. Am I barking up the wrong tree here, what should I be
looking for?