Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Warwick Bailey <wa...@caret.cam.ac.uk> on 2002/04/19 18:31:35 UTC

Newbie Question . . .

Hi

Just started working with Xindice - a convert already, but one question ....

If I query a simple xml document like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>

.... more tags here

</root>

everything works fine.

But if I include support for namespaces and schemas like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imscp_v1p1"
    xmlns:imsmd="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imscp_v1p1
imscp_v1p1p3.xsd">

.... more tags here

</root>

The the query fails.

I feel like I am mising something obvious, but cannot spot it in the
documentation, other than support for schemas is in future Xindice versions.

Please comment! - how can I query XML documents that include the support for
namespaces and schemas?

With kind thanks

Warwick

Warwick Bailey
Senior Software Developer
Centre for Applied Research in Education Technologies (CARET)
16 Mill Lane
Cambridge CB2 1SB
England

www.caret.cam.ac.uk

warwick@caret.cam.ac.uk
0044 (0) 1223 765361

Re: Newbie Question . . .

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
I think you have to set the namespace...   I think I saw something
about this in an earlier post.   Best bet is to search the e-mail archives.

HTH,

Mark