Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paweł Tęcza <pt...@uw.edu.pl> on 2009/06/22 10:47:52 UTC

552 spam score (11.3) exceeded threshold

Hello There,

Yesterday I was trying to send here warning of new www.shopXX.net spam
flood. It was short letter with a few URLs to pastebin.com.
Unfortunately my messages hasn't arrived at the mailing list.

Today I've checked a maillog of my servers and I can see the following
lines:

Jun 21 21:10:15 hermes2 amavis[24103]: (24103-7) Passed CLEAN, AM-SOCK
[::ffff:195.225.120.114] [195.225.120.114] <pt...@uw.edu.pl> ->
<us...@spamassassin.apache.org>, Queue-ID:
0000000000140038.000000004A3E8597.00006FAE, Message-ID:
<12...@localhost.localdomain>, mail_id: yYNQAmuAAueT,
Hits: -, 61 ms
Jun 21 21:10:15 hermes2 courierd:
started,id=0000000000140038.000000004A3E8597.00006FAE,from=<pt...@spamassassin.apache.org>
Jun 21 21:10:51 hermes2 courieresmtp:
id=0000000000140038.000000004A3E8597.00006FAE,from=<pt...@spamassassin.apache.org>:
552 spam score (11.3) exceeded threshold
Jun 21 21:10:51 hermes2 courieresmtp:
id=0000000000140038.000000004A3E8597.00006FAE,from=<pt...@spamassassin.apache.org>,status:
failure

Sorry, but there were broken by my stupid Thunderbird...

What's up? Do I really look like a spammer? ;)

My best regards,

Pawel

Re: 552 spam score (11.3) exceeded threshold

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
John Hardin wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Pawe�~B T�~Ycza wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I was trying to send here warning of new www.shopXX.net
>> spam flood. It was short letter with a few URLs to pastebin.com.
>> Unfortunately my messages hasn't arrived at the mailing list.
>>
>> What's up? Do I really look like a spammer? ;)
>
> It's a bad idea to pass SA list email through SA...

All mail on the list passes through SA anyway, albeit with a high
required_score (10.0) the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) runs it on
their mailservers, and this list is hosted by  them. Check the headers.

It's a little unfortunate in that it makes posting spam samples a pain,
but we're not the only project using these servers.

Re: 552 spam score (11.3) exceeded threshold

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, PaweÅ~B TÄ~Ycza wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I was trying to send here warning of new www.shopXX.net spam
>> flood. It was short letter with a few URLs to pastebin.com.
>> Unfortunately my messages hasn't arrived at the mailing list.
>>
>> What's up? Do I really look like a spammer? ;)
>
> It's a bad idea to pass SA list email through SA...

I have  SaneSecurity with my ClamAv, and it has tagged lots of FP:s from
this list couple last days.

Seems they have fixed it now, as things seem to have calmed down.

Re: 552 spam score (11.3) exceeded threshold

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Pawe�~B T�~Ycza wrote:

> Yesterday I was trying to send here warning of new www.shopXX.net spam
> flood. It was short letter with a few URLs to pastebin.com.
> Unfortunately my messages hasn't arrived at the mailing list.
>
> What's up? Do I really look like a spammer? ;)

It's a bad idea to pass SA list email through SA...

   Men by their constitutions are naturally divided in to two parties:
   1. Those who fear and distrust the people and wish to draw all
   powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who
   identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them,
   cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not
   the most wise, depository of the public interests.
 					          -- Thomas Jefferson
  12 days until the 233rd anniversary of the Declaration of Independence