Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Dave Bagguley <da...@hotmail.com> on 2006/11/02 13:22:02 UTC

Pre-initialising the merlin crypto engine

Hello,

I have a program that uses encryption on the response flow from the service
to the client and have experienced noticeable delays whilst the decryption
happens at the client side.  From reading around on the web I believe that
this is caused by the Merlin crypto engine being initialised.  This seems to
make sense as multiple calls to the service in the same program only incur
the time delay on the first call.  My question is, is there a way to
initialise the crypto engine before making any calls?  I want to do this so
that the engine can be initialised in the background before any calls are
made to the service so that the user doesn't any time delays.

Thanks in advance.