Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org> on 2018/09/25 02:04:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.4 [RC1]

Hello all,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) version 2.6.4.

The Apache Dubbo community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Dubbo (Incubating) version 2.6.4.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Apache Dubbo™ (incubating) is a high-performance, java based, open source
RPC framework. Dubbo offers three key functionalities, which include
interface based remote call, fault tolerance & load balancing, and
automatic service registration & discovery.

Dubbo community vote and result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8d5c39eece6288beed2e22ca976350728c571d2a9cef1c9a9e56a409@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
A minor issue also can be found in the above thread.

The release candidates (RC1):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/2.6.4

Git tag for the release (RC1):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/tree/dubbo-2.6.4

Hash for the release tag:
88037747a3b69d3225c73f6fbcda36ebd8435887

Release Notes:
*https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/blob/dubbo-2.6.4/CHANGES.md
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/blob/dubbo-2.6.4/CHANGES.md>*

The artifacts have been signed with Key : 7955FB6D1DD21CF7, which can be
found in the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS

Look at here for how to verify this release candidate:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-website/blob/asf-site/blog/en-us/prepare-an-apache-release.md#prepare-apache-release

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Best regards,
Jerrick

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.4 [RC1]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE  good
- no unexpected binary files in release
- can compile from source

In LICENSE it’s probably better rather than including URLs for license information (as those links may die or change over time) include a copy of the license in a local file and point to that. Pointing to where the code base come from may also be useful but should be in addition.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.4 [RC1]

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 Binding.

1. Checked signed key and sha512 of source and binary package of
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo
2. Source code build successfully
3. LICENSE and NOTICE are OK in source code and distribution package
4. Apache RAT checked
5. DISCLAIMER existed

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org>.
hi, all

Thanks for your voting.

The vote has lasted for a long holiday, and we have received 4 +1(binding)
and 1 +1(non-binding) votes.

I will announce this in a new thread and continue to release.

Best regards,

Jerrick

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.4 [RC1]

Posted by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 7:17 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1 binding
>
> The sha512 hash is missing the '*' marker to indicate that this is a
> binary file. Minor issue but one that was present on the previous
> release and should have been fixed by now.

Will be fixed in next release, which is 2.6.5.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org>.
Hi community,

We haven't got any binding votes yet.

Would you please kindly help to check and vote for it?

Posted by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org>.
Hi all, we're still calling for check and vote, would you please take time
to help us? Thank you so much.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

--