Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rob Henley <ro...@freeuk.com> on 2006/05/10 18:07:58 UTC

[Axis2 1.0] SGCCalculator sample

Hi - I seem to get a couple of errors with the SGCCalculator:
1. out-of-the-box I get a 'log4j not properly initialised' error. I 'fxied' this by modifying the supplied client to turn off logging for the moment.
2. more seriously i get a 'module not found' when the client tries to engage the addressing module (trace below)

     [java] Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Module not found
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.engageModule(AxisService.java:395)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.engageModule(ServiceClient.java:279)
     [java]     at sample.sgccalculator.CalcClient.main(Unknown Source)

A few questions:

i) should this sample work out of the box? If so, how does the client know where to find the module? (My understanding is that it would need to get the location of a 'repository' from somewhere?)
ii) is there any help on these samples - e.g. what they do, which data bindings they exercise etc.
iii) which ones have people got to work :-)

Many thanks
Rob

Re: [Axis2 1.0] SGCCalculator sample

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Rob Henley wrote:
> Hi Eran
> excellent - actually i had read it, but I'd forgotten :-(. I've got this
> working in 2 ways:
>
> 1. (as described in http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/userguide3.html), by
> setting ConfigurationContext.
> 2. by setting -Daxis2.repo on the java command line

Ok.

> BUT the above page also says .. "There are two ways of (engaging
> addressing for the Client). One is to get the addressing-<version>.mar
> from modules folder of the std-bin distribution. And then making that
> available in your classpath."
>
> I added addressing-1.0.mar to the classpath I supply on the java command
> line and it doesn't help. I guess I'm missing something?

Strange, I got it working. I think this is something we better look in to.

> I also had to edit the supplied client to give the full (versioned) name
> of the module, i.e.
>
> serviceClient.engageModule(new QName("addressing-1.0"));

I think you don't need to do this as when user had not supplied a
version we pickup the latest one.

I will look in to this.

Thanks,
Chinthaka

> I'm not sure this is explained anywhere (?). All good stuff though ...
> thanks again!
> Rob
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eran Chinthaka"
> <ch...@opensource.lk>

Did u read the para under "Engaging Addressing in Client Side" in
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/userguide3.html ?

> i) should this sample work out of the box? If so, how does the client
> know where to find the module? (My understanding is that it would need
> to get the location of a 'repository' from somewhere?)
> ii) is there any help on these samples - e.g. what they do, which data
> bindings they exercise etc.
> iii) which ones have people got to work :-)

All of them :)