Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Zoltán Tichov <zo...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/23 18:21:47 UTC

How can I help?

Hi!

I live in Hungary. I am working at an IT company as a software developer, I
develop java
webapps with jsf (PrimeFaces) and microservice like apps without any
container technology
and Oracle database.

We want to switch to jakarta ee 9 at the company, but unfortunately we ran
into problems with tomee 9 and I would like to contribute to fixing these
bugs and possibly improving tomee jakarta 10. (I'm sorry to read on another
tomee mailing list, that you had to skip jakarta ee 8 and 9 compliance
entirely)
I use java 11 and netbeans on windows 10. If we don't have to, we don't
want to use another app server because we've been using tomee since 1.7.3.

Best regards: Zoltán Tichov

Re: TCK Work - Smoothing the path (was Re: How can I help?)

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
I slightly increased the default stack size limit of the forked test
jvm in the related groovy script. It now works with Java 11 too.

To summarize: The documentation is updated and setting up the EE9.1 TCK
is quite easy. It basically boils down to:

(0) Ensure to have Maven and Java (11/14).
(1) Run on a Linux / Mac OS system.
(2) Adjust the settings.xml according to the template
(3) Run the setup script (only oncE)
(4) Check that everything is available
(5) Add the TCK install into a local git repository to reset easily
without delete & extract it again and again (as a TCK run modifies the
isntallation)
(6) Run the TCK and have fun.

Nevertheless, we need to fix the javamail (javax vs jakarta) thing
first, but afterwards any new volunteer can happily start TCK work.

Gruß
Richard

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Sorry for the late reply.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi,

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Ok, I found it:

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.

Re: How can I help?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: TOMEE-3824 New Jakarta EE 9 XML namespace not recognized in web-fragment.xml (was Re: How can I help?)

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zoltán

I've assigned that JIRA to you.

Many thanks

Jon

Posted by Zoltán Tichov <zo...@gmail.com>.
Hi David!

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi Zoltán,

thanks for your PR [1] !

It usually takes some time for peope to review a PR. The best way to
proceed is, that - after you created a PR - you sent a follow up email
on your mail thread in which you asked for issue assignment.

GitHub mails are flodding our mailboxes and some people might have
filters in place and do not see it.

I left some comments. From a quick look at the codebase, I think, that
we need to add the web fragment to the "openejb-jee-accessors" module
as well (but I might be wrong ;) - at least this is done for all other
descriptor types.

A good place for a unit test would probably "openejb-core". Maybe
something like org.apache.openejb.jee.servlet31.DontFailOnUnusedTagTest

Gruß
Richard

[1] https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/883

Posted by Zoltán Tichov <zo...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zoltán!

Posted by Zoltán Tichov <zo...@gmail.com>.
Hi David!

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey Zoltán!

[...]

This is what I'd do regardless of (or because of?) years of experience.  I always take the quick win before attempting the big one.

Re: How can I help?

Posted by Zoltán Tichov <zo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard!

Re: How can I help?