Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/13 13:06:21 UTC

[M2] Use key agent to handle SCP authentications

Hi there,

Is there any way to use a SSH key agent (like Pageant in Putty) to
handle SCP authentications? As far as I know the only way to use a
protected private key is to write down the password in the settings
files, am I wrong? I would like to avoid this if possible...

Thanks in advance, best regards
Jose

Re: [M2] Use key agent to handle SCP authentications

Posted by Orjan Austvold <au...@colibria.com>.
Hi,

As far as I know I think you are right. If you are using keys for
authentication on a server, you are also required to specify a password
phrase for that key.

Ørjan