Posted to users@camel.apache.org by EySemp <Ey...@mailinator.com> on 2013/05/25 10:00:12 UTC

AWS-SQS with dynamic queue name

Is it possible to use the aws-sqs component with a dynamic queue name
computed at runtime?

I'm looking for something similar to the CamelJmsDestinationName header used
for the JMS component that allows you to overwrite the final queue
destination during runtime.

Re: AWS-SQS with dynamic queue name

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
There is this FAQ
http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-use-dynamic-uri-in-to.html

But I dont think we have a header to override the destination like on JMS.

You are of course welcome to dig into the source code, and see if you
can implement such functionality.
We love contributions

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM, EySemp <Ey...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to use the aws-sqs component with a dynamic queue name
> computed at runtime?
>
> I'm looking for something similar to the CamelJmsDestinationName header used
> for the JMS component that allows you to overwrite the final queue
> destination during runtime.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: AWS-SQS with dynamic queue name

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
On 25 May 2013 09:00, EySemp <Ey...@mailinator.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to use the aws-sqs component with a dynamic queue name
> computed at runtime?

It is not possible with the current code, but would be really easy to add
that feature.

Have a look at getQueueUrl  method in SqsProducer [1] . It has to be
extended similarly to addDelay method in the same class. Why don't you give
it try :)

Bilgin

[1]
https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/camel/trunk/components/camel-aws/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/aws/sqs/SqsProducer.java?hb=true#to89