Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca> on 2001/01/15 17:44:23 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual configuring.html

On 15 Jan 2001 yoshiki@apache.org wrote:

> yoshiki     01/01/15 00:58:14
>
>   Modified:    docs/manual configuring.html
>   Log:
>   Backport documentation about Include som-dir usage from 1.3.
[...]
>   +with the <CODE>-f</CODE> command line flag.  Some sites also have
>   +<CODE>srm.conf</CODE> and <CODE>access.conf</CODE> files for <A
>   +HREF="http://www.apache.org/info/three-config-files.html">historical
>   +reasons</A>.  In addition, other configuration files may be added using
>   +the <CODE><A HREF="mod/core.html#include">Include</A></CODE>
>   +directive.  Any directive may be placed in any of these configuration
>   +files.  Changes to the main configuration files are only recognized by
>   +Apache when it is started or restarted.</p>

I think you "forward ported" a little too much.  Apache 2.0 no longer has
any reference to srm.conf or access.conf in the code, so I don't think
it should be referenced in the docs either.

Joshua.

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual configuring.html

Posted by Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>.
On 16 Jan 2001, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:

> Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca> writes:
>
> > I think you "forward ported" a little too much.  Apache 2.0 no longer has
> > any reference to srm.conf or access.conf in the code, so I don't think
> > it should be referenced in the docs either.
>
> Oops.  You're right.  I backed out the change.

Thanks.

> httpd-docs-2.0/manual/install.html still contains reference
> to srm.conf and access.conf.  Could you or someone take care
> of it?  I might do it myself but I don't feel very
> comfortable to write English. ;-)

That file needs a wholesale rewrite to take into account the change to the
autoconf system in 2.0.  I would prefer if someone else took that on, but
if not, I will get to it eventually.

Joshua.

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual configuring.html

Posted by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org>.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi