Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Steve <su...@digitalnothing.com> on 2004/03/13 17:14:17 UTC

FreeBSD 5.2.1 build failed.

I just tried building Subversion from the ports collection(updated today),
and the build failed on me. This was my first attempted build of Subversion,
did I miss something?

Creating Configure ...
configure.in:56: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.in:57: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
autoconf: no input file
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr-svn.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/subversion.

Can anyone tell me what may have gone wrong here?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1 build failed.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Saturday, March 13, 2004 10:14 AM -0700 Steve
<su...@digitalnothing.com> wrote:

> I just tried building Subversion from the ports collection(updated today),
> and the build failed on me. This was my first attempted build of Subversion,
> did I miss something?
>
> Creating Configure ...
> configure.in:56: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
> configure.in:57: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> autoconf: no input file
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr-svn.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/subversion.
>
> Can anyone tell me what may have gone wrong here?

This is a bug in the port (which we have nothing to do with).  It sounds like
you don't have libtool installed and it is trying to run autogen.sh or
buildconf.  I'd try installing the libtool15 port and try again.  -- justin