Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by rektide <re...@voodoowarez.com> on 2011/12/09 10:01:02 UTC

Reflecting in Java

Hi,

I'm looking to do some reflection on ThriftTypes. My hope is that from a .thrift file in
Java, there's some relatively straightforward path to pulling out the data-type for any
given field (picked by name).  What's the starting point for this; how can I load in a
.thrift file?

Regards,
rektide

Re: Reflecting in Java

Posted by Jools <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thrift adds meta data to the generated class, giving details of the type,
name and any constraints (required, for example).

Have a look at the generated class in an editor, it's pretty clear and
straightforward.

--Jools