Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Sophia F Francis <so...@yahoo.com> on 2011/11/29 17:49:33 UTC

How to run OWL

Message body
Hello Jena,

            I want to know how to run ontology web lanuguage and sparql query lanuage.  And also I want to know how to import the ontologies from the protege.

example program of the Jena (Persisten Ontology example) how to run this example program

thank you,

Re: How to run OWL

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 08:49 -0800, Sophia F Francis wrote:
> Message body
> Hello Jena,
>
>             I want to know how to run ontology web lanuguage

You don't "run" OWL, you probably mean "use an OWL reasoner in Jena". In
which case see:
http://incubator.apache.org/jena/documentation/inference/

> and sparql query lanuage.

This is provided by the part of the Jena called ARQ, see:
http://incubator.apache.org/jena/documentation/query/index.html

> And also I want to know how to import the ontologies from the protege.

Export your ontologies as RDF/XML or Turtle files and then you can read
them into Jena.

> example program of the Jena (Persisten Ontology example) how to run this example program

That's too unspecific a question.

To get started on using Jena from which the Eclipse IDE see:
http://www.iandickinson.me.uk/articles/jena-eclipse-helloworld/

Dave