Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Wang, Jeff (CTSI)" <Je...@ucsf.edu> on 2009/08/21 03:28:38 UTC

multiple updates in one PersonData call?

Based upon the AppDataService interface, you should be able to do
multiple fields in one call.  But code such as:

  req.add(req.newUpdatePersonAppDataRequest("VIEWER", "AppField1",
data1));

  req.add(req.newUpdatePersonAppDataRequest("VIEWER", "AppField2",
data2));

  req.add(req.newUpdatePersonAppDataRequest("VIEWER", "AppField3",
data3));

results in 3 separate calls to AppDataService.updatePersonData.  The
problem here is that I have correlated fields that need to be checked
together, and I can't do that over 3 separate calls.

What is the proper set of calls in the gadget spec that would result in
1 call in Shindig-java?

Thanks

Jeff Wang

RE: multiple updates in one PersonData call?

Posted by "Wang, Jeff (CTSI)" <Je...@ucsf.edu>.
It's one call to the server, but 3 separate calls within the server to update the data.  I set a breakpoint at the place that updates AppData, it stops 3 times, with "AppField1, data1" on the first call, "AppField2, data2" on the second call and so forth.

Since updateAppData receives a Map<String, String> I was hoping that I would just get one call.

Jeff
Are you saying when you call req.send() it does three separate requests to
server?
- Henry

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Wang, Jeff (CTSI) <Je...@ucsf.edu>wrote:

> Based upon the AppDataService interface, you should be able to do
> multiple fields in one call.  But code such as:
>
>  req.add(req.newUpdatePersonAppDataRequest("VIEWER", "AppField1",
> data1));
>
>  req.add(req.newUpdatePersonAppDataRequest("VIEWER", "AppField2",
> data2));
>
>  req.add(req.newUpdatePersonAppDataRequest("VIEWER", "AppField3",
> data3));
>

> results in 3 separate calls to AppDataService.updatePersonData.  The
> problem here is that I have correlated fields that need to be checked
> together, and I can't do that over 3 separate calls.
>

> What is the proper set of calls in the gadget spec that would result in
> 1 call in Shindig-java?
>

> Thanks
>
> Jeff Wang

Henry Saputra
"Good Business is Good Service"

Re: multiple updates in one PersonData call?

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,