Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Schmidt, Tom" <To...@McKesson.com> on 2005/04/27 03:20:27 UTC

Sending array of complex types from Axis to .Net

I've seen a lot of discussion on the mailing list about sending arrays
of complex types from Axis to .Net.  I'm having the opposite problem,
I'm trying to send an array of complex types from a .Net client to an
Axis server.  The server appears to deserialize the array correctly, but
all the values of the complex type are blank.  I'm assuming it's a
problem with how .Net is encoding the complex type.  Can anyone tell me
where to start?  I am using Axis 1.2RC3.  I am not very familiar with
WSDL and am letting access generate the WSDL from my java class.

Thanks,

Tom.

Re: Sending array of complex types from Axis to .Net

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
"am letting Axis generate the WSDL from my java class."

Now, you see, that's the source of your problem. If you want
interoperability to work, you must adopt the WSDL First (tm) approach.

See Dino's very informative Wiki page on .NET interop with Arrays:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/DotNetInteropArrays

Anne