Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Qian Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/29 02:01:21 UTC

Propose to update the minimal supported Docker version in Mesos to Docker 1.8.0

Hi All,

When I worked on MESOS-9231
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-9231>, I found the way that we
run the `docker inspect` command seems not correct, we'd better specify
`--type=container` for it, otherwise, `docker inspect` may return an object
which is not a container (e.g., a volume).

So I posted a patch <https://reviews.apache.org/r/68872/> to add
`--type=container` to the `docker inspect` command. However I found Docker
started to support `--type=container` from 1.8.0, but our minimal supported
Docker version is 1.0.0 (see here
<https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/1.7.0/src/docker/docker.cpp#L152> for
details). I think it does not make sense for us to support Docker 1.0.0
which is too old, so I propose to update the minimal supported Docker
version in Mesos to 1.8.0.

Please let me know for any comments, thanks!

Regards,
Qian Zhang

Re: Propose to update the minimal supported Docker version in Mesos to Docker 1.8.0

Posted by Gilbert Song <gi...@mesosphere.io>.
We are considering to backport this fix to Mesos 1.6.x, 1.5.x and 1.4.x,
which means starting from 1.4.x your minimum docker version will be bumped
to Docker 1.8.0 (an old docker daemon version).

Please reply on this thread if this is a breaking change for you. Thank you!

- Gilbert

Posted by Gilbert Song <gi...@mesosphere.io>.