Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by y_...@tsmc.com on 2009/05/22 07:30:42 UTC

Is XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize safe ?

Hi ,
        I have a c++ multi-thread application in AIX

        In Multi-thread env , can i use for that ?
        When client call functionA , system will create a new thread for
client  exec functionA
                           call functionB , system will create a new thread
for client exec fucntionB
       example :
                        functionA ()
                      {
                            xml_function () ;
                        }

                      functionB()
                      {
                            xml_function () ;
                      }

xml_function ()
{
    try
    {
        XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
     }
    catch (const XMLException& toCatch)
     {
        char* message = XMLString::transcode(toCatch.getMessage());
         XMLString::release(&message);
         XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate();
        return 1;
      }

       USE XML Logic

       XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate()
}

Best Regards, Sincerely
                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended
 please notify the sender by
 immediately. Thank you.

Re: Is XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize safe ?

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
y_tzeng@tsmc.com wrote:
> Hi ,
>         I have a c++ multi-thread application in AIX
>
>         In Multi-thread env , can i use for that ?
No, you must synchronize the calls.  The other option is to simply
initialize when your application starts, and terminate when it ends.

Dave