Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2019/10/20 18:50:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] Accept HTML on the Apache Karaf mailing lists

Hi,

I've discussed with INFRA to authorize HTML emails on the mailing lists.

I would like to bring this discussion here to see if we all agree about
that.

I have feedback from some users who said that they wanted to send HTML
e-mail or got error from ezmlm as they tried to send HTML messages.

Do you agree about allowing HTML emails on the mailing lists ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I didn't move about that (and actually I won't as we don't have a
consensus).

Let me check with INFRA if they changed policy about HTML messages.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Accept HTML on the Apache Karaf mailing lists

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
The feedback that I got from some users is that they can't post to the
mailing list with Gmail client on Android (it seems that Gmail forces
text/html).
INFRA already changed the policy for direct recipient, but mailing list
is configured on ezmlm.

So, it's for some specific clients actually.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré