Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2013/07/02 18:01:24 UTC

HDFS file section rewrite

I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times, so please just point me to the JIRA comments: is there a feature underway to allow for re-writing of HDFS file sections?
Thanks
John

RE: HDFS file section rewrite

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.
I found this:
Doesn't seem to have attracted much interest.
John

HDFS only supports regular writes and append. Random write is not supported. I do not know of any feature/jira that is underway to support this feature.

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/

RE: HDFS file section rewrite

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.