Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Hertz <jh...@patriot.net> on 2004/02/05 16:04:14 UTC

Tomcat for Windows WebApp deletion problem?

On a Win2K box, I had a Struts application in it's own context. Tomcat 4.1.27
and IIS 5 using JK2.

Because the JSP pages needed access to files that were normally served up by
the IIS Server, I created a Junction (Windows/NTFS 5.0's version of a Symbolic
Link) to the directories I needed.

Worked great, installing was the following steps:

Stop Tomcat.
Delete the old context's directory,
Move the new war file over
Restart Tomcat
Recreate the Junctions the WebApp needed.

Well, last night, I tried to use the web interface to remove the WebApp.

And THEN discovered that doing it this way *deleted* the contents of the linked
directories.

I was pretty sure it hadn't happened fore, so I re-tested it out in Windows
Explorer and it does NOT do this. The linked directories are not touched.

-Joe, finding the backups of the include and images directories.

(I'm not on this list. Any questions, please respond to me directly).