Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Esa Heikkinen <es...@student.tut.fi> on 2018/01/22 11:38:10 UTC

Spark and CEP type examples

Hi

I am looking for simple examples using CEP (Complex Event Processing) with Scala and Python. Does anyone know good ones ?

I do not need preprocessing (like in Kafka), but only analyzing phase of CEP inside Spark.

I am also interested to know other possibilities to search sequential event patterns from (time series) log data using by Spark. These event patterns can be described by DAG (directed acyclic graphs), so they are no simple chain of events. And sometimes it can be better to search events in the backward or reverse order (not always in forward order like in streaming case). But this can be impossible by Spark ?

Esa Heikkinen