Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by "Randal L. Schwartz" <me...@stonehenge.com> on 2013/04/05 18:18:43 UTC

Re: CloudStack on FLOSS Weekly News

Joe> I think it's going to be Chip Childers and David Nalley. They'll sync up
Joe> with the bios and everything below.

Are we still on for next wednesday?  I haven't heard back from Chip and
David yet.

Please send me the info below before the weekend is over:

[begin boilerplate content]

Here's what I need 72 hours before the taping (so we have a day or two to get
settled in):

* Your name(s)

* Your Skype handle(s) (I'm "randalschwartz" - please add me as a buddy); this
will be kept private just for our purposes.

* A short affiliation tag we can put below your name(s) for the video feed:
this can be a short website URL, a twitter handle, or however you want to be
most easily known and contacted, in relationship to the project.  For example,
if I was talking about LinuxFund, I'd use "merlyn@linuxfund.org", not
"merlyn@stonehenge.com".  (By default, we'll just use the project name, unless
you're being interviewed independent of any project.)

* A short bio for each person.  Looking for three things: relationship to the
project being discussed, relationship to any other FLOSS (that's the show
theme, you see), and perhaps a few unusual facts that we wouldn't think to ask
you about to help you stand out from the herd.

* A series of questions that we can ask when we get stuck to make us look like
we've researched this heavily and make you look brilliant.  I'm sure you know
what those questions are better than we ever will. :) We don't need the
answers... we'll get that in real time.

* Any online references that we can skim (and promptly forget) for background
reading. We'll also use these for the show notes.

Production information:

The show is taped with a live video audience from 8:30am to 10am (Pacific
Time), visible at http://live.twit.tv/ and includes an IRC chat room that can
be reached directly at irc.twit.tv channel #twitlive.  I'll be watching that
IRC channel for live questions.  You're also welcome to join the channel, but
it can be *very* distracting, so unless you're someone who keeps three IRC
channels open all day, I'd suggest avoiding it.  We also generally tape the
show a bit out of order: your 30-45 minute interview will be taped first, so
that we can be respectful of your time. We then tape the closing and openings
afterward. We prefer "live-to-tape", meaning that the editing will be limited
to technical difficulties, and remember, you're going out live anyway, so just
be careful. :)

The show is then edited (including rearranging the out-of-sequence bits) for
the podcast streams and published (usually) a day or two later, described at
http://twit.tv/floss.  When it is published, I'd appreciate a mention in your
personal or community's public feed (blog, mailing list, twitter feed,
whatever).

For your Skype setup, you *must* use a mic that is within a few inches of your
mouth, such as a USB headset or a desk mic that can be moved near your face.
(Analog headsets have been troublesome in the past, but if it works it works.)
Laptop or webcam mics and Bluetooth setups are *unacceptable* (invariably
resulting in noticeably bad sound).  Please also be sure you have upgraded to
the latest Skype version. See http://bit.ly/SNftlG for more information,
particularly the areas of Skype and Tips.  Another good URL for tips is
http://bit.ly/10TxX7E. If you're not sure, ask me, and I might also arrange a
preview test as well.

If you can't use Skype, we can work out alternate arrangements, such as Gtalk
or SIP.  Please note that we insist on a wideband call, so a phone call over
the public switched network will not suffice.

Looking forward to your interview!

<me...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Re: CloudStack on FLOSS Weekly News

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 09:18:43AM -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Joe> I think it's going to be Chip Childers and David Nalley. They'll sync up
> Joe> with the bios and everything below.
>
> Are we still on for next wednesday?  I haven't heard back from Chip and
> David yet.

Sorry about that.  We are still on.  David and I are finalizing the
information you need, and will have it to you shortly.

-chip