Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Scott Chu <sc...@udngroup.com> on 2016/07/28 16:20:52 UTC

Re(2): Are there issues with the use of SolrCloud / embedded Zookeeperin non-HA deployments?

Indeed, embedded Zookeeper is not stable even when I use it in my development servers. In production environment, always use different servers for Zookeeper and SolrCloud. Also, avoid using Windows system as best as you can. One reason is that zkServer.cmd tells the process that run Zookeeper by judging the DOS window title. However, according to what verison of Windows you use and how you start DOS window, it could be wrong. I have to modify the script to make it run ok under Windows (Note: I've posted some detail information/steps on this mail list before).

I've done same thing as Markus did. No matter single or multiple Solr instances, I always uses SolrCloud 5 although we have some old Solr 3.5 using HA proxy and master/slave configuration. But they all run under Linux.

Scott Chu,scott.chu@udngroup.com
2016/7/29 (週五)