Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by samir_chouthai <sv...@yahoo.com> on 2004/05/04 18:55:35 UTC

web service accounting

Hi,

I want to do some accounting related to the actual resources consumed by a web service. The information I seek is how much CPU a web service has consumed up to a given time or the %CPU it consumes when it is processing a request, how much is the memory consumption at that time.

Is there any way .... at all to do this? Has anyone tried anything similar before ?

I would also like to know if the web service runs as an independent process or thread within a container ?

Java 1.5 beta has some support for getting info about a running java process - via the
Java Virtual Machine Tool Interface http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jvmti/jvmti.html

But can I relate a web-service to a running java process ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Samir Chouthai.

Re: web service accounting

Posted by samir_chouthai <sv...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Nelson,

I'll keep you all posted if I get anywhere.

- Samir.

Re: web service accounting

Posted by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>.