Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vitaliy Semochkin <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/24 13:31:08 UTC

what does job tracker status reduce > copy mean?

Hello,

what does job tracker's status  reduce > copy (xxx of yyy at 4.55 MB/s) mean?

Thanks in Advance,
Vitaliy S

Re: what does job tracker status reduce > copy mean?

Posted by Vitaliy Semochkin <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much,
in my case reduce > copy (998 of 1777 at 4.55 MB/s)
freezed at number 998 and did nothing till it was aboarted as freezed task.
Does 4.55MB/s mean that data was transfered between cluster with such
small speed(i.e. a network problem)?

Once task fall with out of memory exception but same task was finished
on other node without problem.
Nodes are Identical, what could cause such behavior?

Thanks in Advance,
Vitaliy S

Posted by Neil Xu <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Vitaliy