Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de> on 2008/06/16 15:31:30 UTC

CouchDB on Windows (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release)

First, please don't hujack VOTE threads for completely unrelated
messages.

On 16.06.2008, at 14:00, zhengji.li@t3gt.com wrote:
> CouchDB is great. But, does CouchDB want to say "sorry, I do not like
> Windows"?

No, it says "none of the people who've been working on or contributing
to CouchDB are using Windows". ;)

Seriously, any help with getting CouchDB to run (also build and
install) on Windows would be much appreciated.

> I have found three major problems with CouchDB on Windows now. Hope
> that
> they could be resolved in formal release.

[...]

> 3. Futon can only run on Firefox? How about Opera/IE, etc?

Huh? Who said it only works with Firefox? If there's anything that
doesn't work in some other browser, please file specific bug reports.

Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de
   http://www.cmlenz.net/

Re: CouchDB on Windows (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release)

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 03:31:30PM +0200, Christopher Lenz wrote:
>> I have found three major problems with CouchDB on Windows now.

Wow. You got CouchDB working on Windows. Seriously, cool.

Perhaps you could put some instructions on the wiki.

May I suggest you create and edit the following:

  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/InstallingOnWindows

Noah Slater - The Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/>