Posted to user@flink.apache.org by tian boxiu <bo...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/31 10:21:53 UTC

Support priority of the Flink YARN application in Flink 1.9

To: user@flink.apache.org
Title: Support priority of the Flink YARN application in Flink 1.9

Hello everyone,

Many of our batch jobs have changed the execution engine from spark to
flink. The flink is deployed on the yarn cluster. In some scenarios,
high-priority core tasks need to be submitted on the preemptive queue.
Previously, when running in spark, users configured the spark.yarn.priority
to control the priority, ranging from 1 to 9.

Currently, flink 1.9 does not support yarn priority submission. The default
priority of yarn submission jobs is 1. Based on this, we implemented the
submission of the priority range from 1 to 9(from low to high priority).
When the user does not configure the parameters, the priority is still 1.
After we push the new feature online in June, The system has been tested to
run properly.

So I want to create an issue and push the improvement back to community.
Hope someone can review it, thanks~

Boxiu

Re: Support priority of the Flink YARN application in Flink 1.9

Posted by tian boxiu <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone,

I have created a Jira issue in:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-13548. Thanks for reviewing it.