Posted to community@apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/12/25 02:47:20 UTC

RSS feed -- Release News

Hello,

I have a question here. -- which would be related to the
new service of apache. (I think some of committers/members
would feel it **fun**)

Folks, please take a glance at
http://jakarta.apache.org/
-- Headlines -- section.

You can see it that this page has "Release News" etc.
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html
 http://jakarta.apache.org/site/elsewhere.html)

I am planning to re-create this section to be
more Web-Semantecized.

I guess Statistics would show it that in jakarta,
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
has more page access rate than
http://jakarta.apache.org/
(I can only have "http referer" stats upon jakarta.terra-intl.com,
but this seems very accurate)
... This means that if we can put the release news (headline) at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi,
users would feel very comfortable.

I think other TLPs can make use of the Web-Semantecized
tools if Apache can prepare unified nice RSS feed.

Do you folks have any cool ideas on it? ... Very fun.
(Also, this tool will be able to contribute to the preparation
of the notes for "Board Report")

Sincerely,

cf. http://ws.apache.org/blog/