Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk> on 2007/06/04 11:39:10 UTC

Re: OpenSSO and cocoon

Hi Hanne,

On 8 May 2007, at 14:54, Hanne Moa wrote:

> Has anyone experimented with OpenSSO <https://opensso.dev.java.net/
> > (or more exactly OpenFederation) in cocoon? I've just started
> looking into it, as it's about to be a must in my organization.

I did some work with the guys at Newcastle University on Shibboleth
integration with Cocoon. The simple workaround we implemented was to
use authentication within Apache httpd, and then to use a simple
authentication pipeline in the Cocoon authentication framework that
checked the headers for the presence of various attributes set during
the httpd authentication. It worked quite neatly and removed the need
to do more extensive integration. You might be able to take the same
approach?

Thanks,

Andrew.
--
Andrew Savory, Managing Director, Sourcesense UK
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135