Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/12 02:28:55 UTC

Pivot 2.0 - default about alert

Hi,
for Pivot 2.0, to better identify the version of Pivot (and to have a
little more visibility of Pivot), what do you think to add a default
modal about box (overridden by developers when needed) showing the
Pivot logo, and below something like "Apache Pivot <version>" ?
And maybe even some other data, like JVM memory used / max, etc ...

At least could be linked by some of our demos, at least those with a menu.

Open a ticket in jira, for 2.0 or 2.1, or never ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Pivot 2.0 - default about alert

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I still don't see the value. Any developer can easily see what Pivot version is being used by looking at the JARs. And of course the OS version, JVM version, etc. are also easily obtainable.

OTOH, maybe this would be a good "extra".  :-)  But I don't think it belongs in JIRA.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.