Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Naresh Agarwal <na...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/27 15:58:03 UTC

How to handle multiple request in "Application" scope

Hi

I want to ask one thing about Soap implementations

If we deploy some service in "Application" scope (in Apache Soap or in
MS-Soap),  this means the same instance of Soap Server would be used to
serve all the requests.

Now in this case, Soap server wudn't able to handle multiple client
requests, as there is only one instance of Soap Server, which is serving all
client requests.

Is there any work around for this ??
Does Multi-threading is of any help in this case?

thanks,

Regards.
Naresh Agarwal

Re: How to handle multiple request in "Application" scope

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
As you say, Application scope means that a single instance of the service
class will be created to handle requests.  However, this single instance
*can* handle multiple requests.  Multiple threads can execute code in the
service simultaneously, unless your code does synchronization to prevent it.
This is similar to how servlets work.

Scott