Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Virginie Garcin <vi...@equitativa.com> on 2019/02/19 11:30:40 UTC

WebSocket

Hello,

I'm trying to use WebSocket in Wicket 8.3.0, with Tomcat 7.0.85.

In pom, I have:

<dependency>
	<groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
	<artifactId>wicket-native-websocket-javax</artifactId>
	<version>${wicket.version}</version>
</dependency>

In web.xml, I did change the WicketFilter class name with:
<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.ws.javax.JavaxWebSocketFilter</filter-class>

In my page, I have:

@Override
protected void onInitialize() {
	super.onInitialize();

	add( new WebSocketBehavior() {
		@Override
		protected void onConnect(ConnectedMessage message) {
			super.onConnect( message );
			System.out.println( "onConnect" );
			WebSocketService.getInstance().addClient( message );
		}
	}
}

When I open the page in the browser, the "onConnect" function is never called...
(I also noticed that the class WicketEndpoint is never called, I feel that it should be called at some point).

Any idea of what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Virginie

Re: WebSocket

Posted by Virginie Garcin <vi...@equitativa.com>.
Hello,
Indeed, it works with Tomcat 9!Thanks a lot for your help.
Virginie

Re: WebSocket

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--