Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Puzzle <pu...@puzzlepalace.com> on 2000/11/14 00:50:08 UTC

Delete problem with temp files

Hi - anyone able to help please . . .

Ok, I know this is probably going to sound daft but,

I am trying to get a clean target to work. It is supposed to delete all
emacs backup files from the source tree (under win NT) Ant 1.3 alpha Nov 07.

I have a patternset set to "**/*~" and a delete task that has a fileset
dir="${src}" and the just mentioned patternset being referenced.

If I set the patterset to say **/*.bak" it works but for "**/*#" and "**/*~"
the delete does nothing and does not error either.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Huw

Re: Where Is The JUnit Tag Implementation?

Posted by "Michael O. Duffy" <md...@snet.net>.
Ah, the joys of being a newbie!  Per your suggestion, I went to the site and
saw this:

"...The binary distribution doesn't contain the optional tasks - compiled
versions of those are distributed in a separate file: optional.jar. Placing
this file in the $ANT_HOME/lib directory will make those tasks available..."

I think it was a matter of not seeing what you weren't looking for!  Thanks to
you, I visited a second time with my eyes open. Thanks again - MOD

AW: Where Is The JUnit Tag Implementation?

Posted by "Dr. Dieter ZAKEL" <di...@ameba-consult.com>.
Dear Pete.

Do you have a special software which changes your proverbs/quotes at the end
of each mesage.

Regards Dieter

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Michael O. Duffy" <md...@snet.net>.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Michael O. Duffy" <md...@snet.net>.

RE: Delete problem with temp files

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Huw,

Re: Help with exec

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.
Ron J. Green, Jr. <rg...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

> You're right, I picked a bad example. Your example works fine as
> long as I leave out os="windows". If I include it, however, doesn't
> run on my Windows 2000 machine.
>
> Is this a known problem. I checked the FAQ and didn't see it
> mentioned.

Does it work if you use a capital W in Windows (don't have Windows
here to check). Looking at the code it seems to be case sensitive.

Stefan

RE: Help with exec

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

Help with exec

Posted by "Ron J. Green, Jr." <rg...@austin.rr.com>.
Hello,

I just started using ANT this week and am rapidly growing to rely upon it.
However, I'm having trouble with the "exec" task. On my Windows 2000 machine
when I add the os="windows" attribute, it fails to execute. But when I echo
the "os" property it prints "windows". Example below.

  <target name="test">
    <echo message="${os}" />
    <exec executable="dir" os="windows"/>
  </target>

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ron

RE: Delete problem with temp files

Posted by Puzzle <pu...@puzzlepalace.com>.
Ah, somewhere along the line I had not seen this (or forgotton it) :)

Thanks

Huw

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Huw,