Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2005/11/14 09:27:57 UTC

Status of docs/Releasing?

What is the status of the 2.1.8 docs? I would like to release 2.1.8 by
the end of this week. If there are only minor issues, we could perhaps
use the docs as of now and then perhaps release a docs update some weeks
later?

If we can't do the release this week, then either someone else will have
to do the release or we have to wait until christmas; I will not have
time for it any sooner as I'm on vacation :)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> 1) add .htaccess rules to make sure

someone has to do this for a section that contains only a few pages

> 2) modify daisy navigation in same way as we did for higher level paths

I'll do this for the bigger parts if necessary, but need to know which
ones, for now I only know userforms/forms

> 3) modify Daisy to allow a Title node in the navigation (I'd like to see
> this for future docs, but is unlikely to happen in time for this release)

That's for the next release.

Bye, Helma

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
hepabolu wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> What is the status of the 2.1.8 docs? I would like to release 2.1.8 by
>> the end of this week. If there are only minor issues, we could perhaps
>> use the docs as of now and then perhaps release a docs update some weeks
>> later?
>

>  From my POV there are no or only minor issues in the docs. Let's see
> what the others have to say.

I agree (see my other mail in the docs thread). There are a few extra
parts in some fairly deeply nested paths. I offered a number of
solutions for these elsewhere, in summary (in order of my personal
preference):

1) add .htaccess rules to make sure
2) modify daisy navigation in same way as we did for higher level paths
3) modify Daisy to allow a Title node in the navigation (I'd like to see
this for future docs, but is unlikely to happen in time for this release)

Ross

Re: Status of docs/Releasing? - Vadim heads up

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Attached. Major ones - "/sitemap-component/*/[core|optional|scratchpad]"
> are still there, including other uri fragments as well...

I've removed /sitemap-component/*/ I'm not sure if I can remove the last
(core|optional|scratchpad] (i.e. I'm not sure I have the time), so how
much effort is needed to handle the remaining discrepancies with
.htaccess files?

Bye, Helma

Re: Status of docs/Releasing? - Vadim heads up

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> hepabolu wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>> Vadims diff should be helpful, I can't find it in the archives right
>>> now, but it was posted late last week.
>>
>> Just had a look, but I can't figure out what has yet to be done. Vadim
>> could you run the diff one more time please?
>
> Vadim, here is the latest docs list from the forrest zone:

Attached. Major ones - "/sitemap-component/*/[core|optional|scratchpad]" are
still there, including other uri fragments as well...

Here is my previous analysis
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=113172159810450

Vadim

Re: Status of docs/Releasing? - Vadim heads up

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/docslist.txt

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Vadims diff should be helpful, I can't find it in the archives right
> now, but it was posted late last week.

Just had a look, but I can't figure out what has yet to be done. Vadim
could you run the diff one more time please?

> There will be some that have only a couple of pages in, it's your choice
> what is sensible to do like this and what is sensible to do with
> .htaccess (or lose the low level grouping where appropriate as you
> suggested with the two deeply nested binding docs in forms).

Ok, I did the forms part. If there are sections with only a few pages
(say less than 5 or 6) I go for the .htaccess trick. Don't have much
time to figure it all out, so I do hope most of it is done.

Bye, Helma
(being the only "healthy" one in a sick family seriously reduces your time)

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
hepabolu wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, so it seems that we can release on thursday (I hope).
>>> Can someone please provide me an archive (zip/tgz) of the docs (e.g. on
>>> our zone) that I can put in our download section?
>>

>> I will be able to do that (including changes.html) tomorrow
>> (wednesday) as long as someone else can find the time to make any
>> final modifications to the Daisy nav document to solve the URL space
>> issues. Assuming they have not been done already that is.
>>

> I'll do it if someone tells me what to do. I'm going to do the forms
> part now, and leave it at that, until someone posts more.

Basically any node in the daisy navigation that does not have a
correcsponing element in the UrlSpace at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1
needs to be an import like you did with the documentation nodes. etc.

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hmm, so it seems that we can release on thursday (I hope).
Can someone please provide me an archive (zip/tgz) of the docs (e.g. on
our zone) that I can put in our download section?

Thanks
Carsten

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 14 nov. 05, à 10:09, hepabolu a écrit :
>
>> ...From my POV there are no or only minor issues in the docs. Let's
>> see what the others have to say...
>

> IMHO the only critical thing is to have these pages updated when the
> release is done:
>
>   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html

David and I did some work on this during our Forrest Friday last week.
We both have a version of the Daisy plugin that will produce
changes.html from the status.xml file alongside the daisy docs. So all
you need to do is make sure that status.xml is up to date.

I can't release the plugin with this hack as it breaks other users
sites. I know what I need to do to make it releasable though. If I don't
get the opportunity to release before the end of the week I will
generate the docs on my local machine for the release - they will be
identical to those on the Forrest Zone, but with the inclusion of
changes.html.

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 14 nov. 05, à 10:09, hepabolu a écrit :
>
>> ...From my POV there are no or only minor issues in the docs. Let's
>> see what the others have to say...
>

> IMHO the only critical thing is to have these pages updated when the
> release is done:
>
>   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html

would something like this do:
http://cocoondev.org/xreporter/changes.html

it's basically
- a snap port of some forrest stylesheet
- applied onto the status.xml pulled live from svn
(http://svn.cocoondev.org/repos/xreporter/trunk/xreporter/status.xml)
- triggered by a daisy extension pipeline matching 'xrp-status'
- called from a daisy page via document-include of cocoon:/ext/xrp-status

I'ld have to admit I haven't closely followed up on the daisy-forrest
setup for this, so just ignore if this conflicts entirly with how things
have been setup

if it doesn't then whoever (lacking the time here) gets ready to go for
this can get the tarball extension directory I used and unpack that in
the $DAISY_HOME/daisywiki/webapp/daisy/sites/documentation/

>   http://cocoon.apache.org/news/

sounds like a page that could be put into daisy itself?

-marc=

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Status of docs/Releasing?

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> What is the status of the 2.1.8 docs? I would like to release 2.1.8 by
> the end of this week. If there are only minor issues, we could perhaps
> use the docs as of now and then perhaps release a docs update some weeks
> later?

 From my POV there are no or only minor issues in the docs. Let's see
what the others have to say.

Bye, Helma