Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Harvey Sama <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/09 15:03:42 UTC

GSoC 2015: Interest In Apache OpenOffice Extension Plugin for Eclipse

Hello. I am a fourth year student of the Faculty of Engineering at the
University of Buea. I have experience in Java,Javafx and Java EE with
PrimeFaces framework. I am motivated to work on this project and with over
2 years of java experience I believe I have the skills to work on this
project. I will like to get some assistance with respect to resources and
 further  information  I may need in order to write my proposal. I am
currently downloading the SDK and OpenOffice and will start working on my
proposal.
--
Best Regards

Re: GSoC 2015: Interest In Apache OpenOffice Extension Plugin for Eclipse

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi

On Monday, March 9, 2015, Harvey Sama <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I am a fourth year student of the Faculty of Engineering at the
> University of Buea. I have experience in Java,Javafx and Java EE with
> PrimeFaces framework. I am motivated to work on this project and with over
> 2 years of java experience I believe I have the skills to work on this
> project. I will like to get some assistance with respect to resources and
>  further  information  I may need in order to write my proposal. I am
> currently downloading the SDK and OpenOffice and will start working on my
> proposal.

I am not sure we have any mentors registred this, but help is always
welcome.

Even though I am a programmer I cannot help with java, but hopefully
somecof the other developers will volunteer.

Good luck with your proposal.
rgds
jan j

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Monday, March 09, 2015 03:03:42 PM Harvey Sama wrote:
> Hello. I am a fourth year student of the Faculty of Engineering at the
> University of Buea. I have experience in Java,Javafx and Java EE with
> PrimeFaces framework. I am motivated to work on this project and with
over
> 2 years of java experience I believe I have the skills to work on this
> project. I will like to get some assistance with respect to resources and
>  further  information  I may need in order to write my proposal. I am
> currently downloading the SDK and OpenOffice and will start working on
my
> proposal.

That'sgreat, OpenOffice uses Java for some areas of the software. At core
it works on C++ but there are JAVA wrappers to work with the API, the
Add-ons and extensions.

Eclipse has some plugins to make development easier, but most of the
plugins are a bit outdated. I hope you are able to get your environment
setup, if you hit a roadblock, please let us know.