Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2000/08/24 14:11:01 UTC

Re: Sun's 'new' Brazil

"Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" <ch...@ssabsa.sa.gov.au> wrote:
>Sun have posted a description of their sunlabs
>technology, under the provocative banner:
>
>BRAZIL PROJECT: THE FUTURE OF WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
>
>http://java.sun.com/features/2000/08/brazil.html
>
>Documentation (nice use of JavaDoc)
>http://www.sun.com/research/brazil/api/

Well, it seems a bit simplistic to me (I didn't look at the javadocs
though). Plus there is no mention of XML whatsoever in the press release. I
don't think we have anything to worry about.

--
Robin Green
i-tao Ltd.

Re: Sun's 'new' Brazil

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Robin Green wrote:

> "Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" <ch...@ssabsa.sa.gov.au> wrote:
> >Sun have posted a description of their sunlabs
> >technology, under the provocative banner:
> >
> >BRAZIL PROJECT: THE FUTURE OF WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
> >
> >http://java.sun.com/features/2000/08/brazil.html
> >
> >Documentation (nice use of JavaDoc)
> >http://www.sun.com/research/brazil/api/
>
> Well, it seems a bit simplistic to me (I didn't look at the javadocs
> though). Plus there is no mention of XML whatsoever in the press release. I
> don't think we have anything to worry about.

Brazil implements chainable server components.

So does Cocoon.

But the similarity ends there :)

Of course, I'm heavily biased, but if this is "the future of web
application development", I'm Groucho Marx :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.