Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by JRR <jr...@cisco.com> on 2013/02/12 18:38:47 UTC

CPP-Client API to get version string?

Hello,

Is there an API in the CPP-client that returns the current version of the
AMQ-CPP-Client library that's being used? I scanned the API documents, but
nothing popped out.

We have products that use different versions of the CPP client, since they
were shipped at different times. And we'd like to have a summary debug page
that provides information like which version of the different libraries we
have installed.

Granted we can look at the shared objects and see the version of the shared
object, but that requires translating the shared object version into the
library version.

Thanks in advance.

-=John

Re: CPP-Client API to get version string?

Posted by JRR <jr...@cisco.com>.
BLARG!

I tried all the methods except that one!

Thank you for your patience.

Re: CPP-Client API to get version string?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 02/12/2013 04:38 PM, JRR wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> However it appears this doesn't show the full version, or perhaps I am
> missing something.
>
> I've used the getProviderMajorVersion() and getProviderMinorVersion() and
> I've succesfully viewed:
>
> 3.4 for 3.4.5
>      and
> 3.5 for 3.5.0
>
> The values returned for getCMSVersion(), getCMSMajorVersion() and
> getCMSMinorVersion() aren't even close, so I assume they mean some version
> other than the CPP-Client library version since the return:
>
> 2.4 for 3.4.5
>     and
> 3.0 for 3.5.0
>
> Is there a way to also see the sub-release for the minor version?

getProviderVersion will give you a string that can be parsed: x.x.x

> Thanks,
>
> -=John

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
skype: tabish121 | twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: CPP-Client API to get version string?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 02/12/2013 12:38 PM, JRR wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there an API in the CPP-client that returns the current version of the
> AMQ-CPP-Client library that's being used? I scanned the API documents, but
> nothing popped out.
>
> We have products that use different versions of the CPP client, since they
> were shipped at different times. And we'd like to have a summary debug page
> that provides information like which version of the different libraries we
> have installed.
>
> Granted we can look at the shared objects and see the version of the shared
> object, but that requires translating the shared object version into the
> library version.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -=John

See cms/ConnectionMetaData.h and