Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by "Bouschen, Michael" <Mi...@akquinet.de.INVALID> on 2022/06/01 17:34:00 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday June 2 11 PM PDT 20 CEST

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Thursday June 2 11:00 Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) 20:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST) to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:

1. JDO 3.2.1 release

2. PR #49 "upgrade Felix maven-bundle-plugin" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/49

3. JIRA JDO-815 "Change headers on source files to use https:// instead of http://" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-815
   PR #50 "Update pom.xml to change http to https" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/50

4. JIRA JDO-814 "Remove ant dependency" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-814
   PR #51 "JDO-814: Remove ant dependency"

5. Derby's removal of the security manager (see email from Tilmann)

6. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812

7. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the JDO and DB web sites. https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?

Regards Michael

--
Michael Bouschen
akquinet tech@spree GmbH

E-Mail: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de<ma...@akquinet.de>
Web:   www.akquinet.de<http://www.akquinet.de/>

Geschäftsführung: Martin Weber, Dr. Torsten Fink, Heinz Wilming
Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 86780 • USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/akquinet>  [XING]<https://www.xing.com/companies/akquinetag>  [LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/akquinet-ag>  [Twitter]<https://twitter.com/akquinet>

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday June 2 11 PM PDT 20 CEST

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Tobias Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday June 9 1100 PDT 2000 CEDT

Agenda:

1. JDO 3.2.1 release

Release is ready for announcement. Site needs to be updated. Javadocs need to be updated.

Done. Congratulations! Thanks Tilmann for getting this out.

2. PR #49 "upgrade Felix maven-bundle-plugin" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/49 <https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/49>

This looks good except that the base is the 3.2.1 branch which is not yet merged.

Going forward, how do we avoid this issue: make a new JDO release, reproducible-build makes a new release, we need to make a new JDO patch. If we use 5.1.6 will we be ok for 3.2.2 and 3.2.x?

AI Tilmann update HowToRelease to check reproducibility.
AI Michael run reproducibility with the 3.2.1 (after merging to main) and see if the patch works.

3. JIRA JDO-815 "Change headers on source files to use https:// instead of http://" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-815
  PR #50 "Update pom.xml to change http to https" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/50 <https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/50>

Wait for RAT 0.14 to be released.

4. JIRA JDO-814 "Remove ant dependency" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-814
  PR #51 "JDO-814: Remove ant dependency"

Good to go.

5. Derby's removal of the security manager (see email from Tilmann)

6. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812

7. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the JDO and DB web sites. https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org