Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2002/10/03 04:49:00 UTC

Re: quickreference.xsl does not work well with Japanese translation

* Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:

> André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> writes:

>> the abbreviations should left in "english" (svdh) as a canonical
>> form. This should be non-ambiguous. theoretically. ;-)
>
> +1

ok, if there are no objections (Joshua?) I'm going to set it up these
days.

>> The japanese versions... hmm. I don't trust perl to treat the charset
>> correctly, since I've never worked with such weird characters ;-)
>
> I can convert them with Python, Perl or Emacs Lisp script so
> migration would not be a big problem.

that would be fine. Thanks.

nd
--
Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween because
DEC 25 = OCT 31.  -- Unknown

                                      (found in ssl_engine_mutex.c)

Re: quickreference.xsl does not work well with Japanese translation

Posted by Hiroaki KAWAI <ha...@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>.
AndrMalo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:

> * Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > I'm fine with the general idea, but I see no need for using
> > abbreviations in the xml.  <contextlist><context>server
> > config</context>... (as it is now) should work fine.  We'll just need
> > to change the translations to use this and change the xslt to fix the
> > language.
>
> Er, good point. So far I didn't think. Yes you're right. I'll do so.

Thank you Andre for the work!
We'll catch up soon. ;-)

Hiroaki Kawai
Department of Complexity Science and Engineering,
 The University of Tokyo
http://www.bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
mailto:hawk@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp

Re: quickreference.xsl does not work well with Japanese translation

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Joshua Slive wrote:

> I'm fine with the general idea, but I see no need for using
> abbreviations in the xml.  <contextlist><context>server
> config</context>... (as it is now) should work fine.  We'll just need
> to change the translations to use this and change the xslt to fix the
> language.

Er, good point. So far I didn't think. Yes you're right. I'll do so.

nd
--
die (eval q-qq[Just Another Perl Hacker
]

Re: quickreference.xsl does not work well with Japanese translation

Posted by Hiroaki KAWAI <ha...@bcl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>.
Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, AndrMalo wrote:
>
> > * Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:

> > > +1
> >
> > ok, if there are no objections (Joshua?) I'm going to set it up these
> > days.
>
> I'm fine with the general idea, but I see no need for using abbreviations
> in the xml.  <contextlist><context>server config</context>... (as it is
> now) should work fine.  We'll just need to change the translations to use
> this and change the xslt to fix the language.

-Yes. How about the following additional rule?
s/server config/server config/ (for en)
s/server config/some-word-in-Japanese/ (for ja)

It would cause minimum change to the current resources;
we have only to modify the Japanese docs.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, André Malo wrote:

> * Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:
>
> > André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> writes:

> >> the abbreviations should left in "english" (svdh) as a canonical
> >> form. This should be non-ambiguous. theoretically. ;-)
> >
> > +1
>
> ok, if there are no objections (Joshua?) I'm going to set it up these
> days.

I'm fine with the general idea, but I see no need for using abbreviations
in the xml.  <contextlist><context>server config</context>... (as it is
now) should work fine.  We'll just need to change the translations to use
this and change the xslt to fix the language.

Joshua.