Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xavier Toth <tx...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/23 17:21:24 UTC

configuring tomcat 5.5.9+ connector socket factory

I'm trying to provide a socket factory class that overrides the
getKeystorePass method but I can't figure out how to hook it in. What
attribute or subelement (is the Factory element supported in 5.5.x?) do I
configure with my class name to get this to work? I've looked at the
5.5.15source code and I see references to attributes named
'socketFactory' and
'sslImplementation' but nothing in the docs
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html. Are either of
these attributes the one I would use for this purpose? Is there a dtd for
server.xml?

Re: configuring tomcat 5.5.9+ connector socket factory

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Xavier Toth" <tx...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I'm trying to provide a socket factory class that overrides the
>getKeystorePass method but I can't figure out how to hook it in. What
>attribute or subelement (is the Factory element supported in 5.5.x?) do I

No, the Factory element is ignored in 5.5.x (it was useless anyway :).

>configure with my class name to get this to work? I've looked at the
>5.5.15source code and I see references to attributes named
>'socketFactory' and
>'sslImplementation' but nothing in the docs

This is the correct one.  The value is the fully-qualified class name to
your class that extends org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLImplementation.

>http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html. Are either of
>these attributes the one I would use for this purpose? Is there a dtd for
>server.xml?

Nope.