Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org> on 2011/01/04 00:26:16 UTC

Re: YCSB with 0.90 vs. old releases?

A few of us have been running it nearly daily to test 0.90, but not in
a way that's comparable to previous tests (those published in the YCSB
paper being the only known public numbers) and using "weird" settings
in order, for example, to make regions split all the time and see how
we can make it fail :)

So to run it on 0.90 in a meaningful way, one has to run it on either
0.20 or 0.89 too and using the same hardware. I don't expect major
differences going grom 0.89 to 0.90 tho, expect for operation that
aren't benchmarked like cold startup/shutdown.

J-D