Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk> on 2008/03/12 13:24:49 UTC

Cannot log in to Continuum on linux-x86-64

Hi Folks

Continuum works for me on Windows at port 9200.

I have started Continuum on linux-x86-64 at port 9200 but am unable to
log-in.

I had earlier reported this issue against Archiva as
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-728 and am now, not unsurprisingly,
experiencing the same behaviour with Continuum.  I'm posting this to the
continuum list in case anyone has seen such behaviour before.
Essentially, if I enter the wrong password I get to a page which tells
me it's wrong, but if I enter the correct password I get redirected
straight back to the login page.

Any and all suggestion welcomed since  I cant't roll Continuum out to
the team whilst it's running on my own developer windows box.

Kind regards, Robin.

Before acting on this e mail or opening any attachment please read the disclaimer which can be accessed at http://www.investec.com/EmailDisclaimer/UKEmailDisclaimer.htm
Investec Bank (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com

Investec Bank (UK) Limited
Registered office: 2 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QP Company No: 00489604 Incorporated in England and Wales

RE: Cannot log in to Continuum on linux-x86-64

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.
Firefox works.

I got an illicit copy of Firefox 2.0.0.12 passed our corporate firewall
and will have to use it surreptitiously, but at least it works.  I can
log on to the linux-based instances of both Continuum and Archiva.

I would still be interested in seeing a fix for IE 6 sp 2 if possible
since this is the bank's standard browser.  In the mean-time I shall
make Firefox my default browser at work (as it is at home).

Many thanks to everyone!

Posted by "Marose, Justin (GE EntSol, Security)" <Ju...@ge.com>.
No luck with Safari 3.0.4 either.

And again, I can log in using IE 6 as long as I'm on the Continuum
server, and I have "localhost" in the URL.

Posted by "Marose, Justin (GE EntSol, Security)" <Ju...@ge.com>.

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.
Hi Emmanuel

Posted by "Marose, Justin (GE EntSol, Security)" <Ju...@ge.com>.
I am having similar login issues.  I have Continuum running on Windows,
and I can login with no problem on that box if using localhost in the
url.  If I try to login using the hostname of the box (either locally or
on a remote machine), I get the same result as you - redirected back to
the login page without any message.  Tried to change the 'Base URL' on
the configuration page to include the hostname instead of localhost, but
still no luck.

My first thought was that I couldn't have a user (in this case 'admin')
logged in from two or more machines at the same time.  This does not
seem to be the case as I've tested while logged out of on Continuum, and
even after restarting Continuum.

To complicate the issue, I've tried to create another user to test with,
but I'm not getting any validation emails, even when forcing a resend of
the validation.  I do get build status emails, so I know that my smtp
settings are correct.  I understand that you can turn off validation
enforcement, but this is not preferred.

Have been focusing on integrating our Maven2 build at this point, so I
haven't spent too much time on these issues.

Too bad there is no message to convey why the login failed.  Nothing in
the log files either.

Regards,
Justin

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.