Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by tb...@yahoo.com on 2005/10/19 23:30:20 UTC

Re: Connectors -- PHP and Geronimo?

Yeah, I see a bunch of articles on IBM, some here and
there, but they seem to avoid any and all declarative
security stuff.

Does anyone know of a way to configure PHP into
Geronimo? I think that would be a cool thing to be
able to do as well. I see JSP is built in, as well as
JavaScript. But at least for the time being, I think
leaving the declarative security stuff alone is my
best bet, time conserving wise.

What are your thoughts?

Tyler

http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/JPetStoreGeronimo.html

> [...]
> derby.log and the derby.properties file.
>
> Hope this helps - I am interested in seeing what you
> find out.  My
> background is with Derby and I am very interested in
> learning about the
> different J2EE configurations that can be used with
> Derby.
>
> tbot55@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >Thanks David,
> >
> >OK, so maybe I'm not sure what I need to do to get
> >what I want done. I want to use Geronimo's
> >SQLLoginModule class to authenticate users logging
> in.
> >I also want to be able to register new users
> through
> >Geronimo (if possible).
> >
> >I can get the GBeans to start in my deployment
> plan,
> >but it isn't going into the database. I created a
> >couple tables in the SystemDatabase, and here are
> the
> >options I set in the LoginModuleGBean:
> >jdbcUser=system
> >jdbcPassword=manager
> >jdbcURL=jdbc:derby:SystemDatabase
> >jdbcDriver=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
> >userSelect="select username, password from users"
> >groupSelect="select groupname, username from
> >groups_users"
> >
> >I dont think there's anything different from
> >properties files because I already have that
> working,
> >and it doesn't seem very applicable due to its lack
> of
> >scalability. Thus I'd like to upgrade it a little
> >more.
> >
> >I wish there were an example in Geronimo on this
> like
> >for the properties file, but it's probably an easy
> >fix.
> >
> >Also, David, I did get the connector working as you
> >described. Can I use this to perform insert
> >statements? Or does that have to be done totally
> >separate?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Tyler
> >

> >--- David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Assuming that the default-database-plan.xml has
> some
> >>resemblance to the
> >>one we supply, it's a plan for a j2ee module, so
> you
> >>need to supply the
> >>module as a command line argument also, such as
> >>
> >>java -jar ../../bin/deployer.jar --user system
> >>--password manager
> >>deploy default-database-plan.xml
> >>

>~/.maven/repository/tranql/rars/tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.0.rar
> >

> >>Leaving out the j2ee artifact you are trying to
> >>deploy will result in
> >>the error you are seeing.  If you are copying the
> >>default-database-plan
> >>we supply you may want to change the configID in
> the
> >>plan since this
> >>plan is pre-deployed into the config-store that
> >>comes with geronimo.
> >>
> >>The tranql connectors should work fine for your

=== message truncated ===

__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

Re: Connectors -- PHP and Geronimo?

Posted by Miguel A Paraz <mp...@gmail.com>.
Here's what I did with JBoss + Tomcat to get PHP apps running under
the same "host":
http://migs.paraz.com/w/archives/2005/06/20/tomcat-php-on-a-single-host

I'm curious about the configuration to make Geronimo Tomcat or Jetty
do the same... will try it out sometime.

Re: Connectors -- PHP and Geronimo?

Posted by Barry van Someren <go...@gmail.com>.
PHP is really just an interpreter for a language that you can embed
(the whole idea of the php-java bridge)
You will however be running native code in your app server and it has
not been known to be super stable.
It's probably best to run Apache with php seperately.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/19/05, tbot55@yahoo.com <tb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that would be cool. Has anyone done that?

Not as far as I know and therein lies the real issue. Here is a pretty
comprehensive list of languages built on a JVM:

http://www.robert-tolksdorf.de/vmlanguages.html

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project