Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com> on 2012/07/09 10:00:03 UTC

unique key and removed field

Hey guys,

While running some test scripts I noticed that the table 'physical_network_service_providers' has a unique key on the combination of physical_network_id and provider_name, this is potentially a problem when we also use the removed field to indicate a device is removed.

In my case I added a new device, deleted it and immediately added a new device using the same provider. This resulted in a database exception because of a unique key violation. I think this is a bug, we should either immediately remove the device or remove the unique constraint and take care of this in the code using the removed field.

Any opinions on this?

Cheers,

Hugo

RE: unique key and removed field