Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org> on 2002/10/28 11:04:14 UTC

JkRequestLogFormat for JK 1.2.x on Apache 2.0 ?

Did someone try to port 'JkRequestLogFormat' to Apache 2.0 ?

For instance I wonder about :

         ap_bgetopt(r->connection->client, BO_BYTECT, &bs);

Regards

Re: JkRequestLogFormat for JK 1.2.x on Apache 2.0 ?

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> Did someone try to port 'JkRequestLogFormat' to Apache 2.0 ?
>>
>> For instance I wonder about :
>>
>>         ap_bgetopt(r->connection->client, BO_BYTECT, &bs);
>>

> I added 'JkRequestLogFormat' for Apache 2.0.

Great!

> Glenn could you take a look ?

I don't have Apache 2 setup.  If the mod_jk log generated by apache 2 looks similar to
that for apache 1.3 we should be ok.  If you really need me to check this out I can.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: JkRequestLogFormat for JK 1.2.x on Apache 2.0 ?

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

 > One note: mod_jk 1.2 JkRequestLogFormat for Apache 1.3 can log every
> request that gets forwarded to Tomcat. Even if an HTTP request for a
> single page results in multiple requests to Tomcat due to SSI.
>
> I have found the reqeust data in the mod_jk logs to come in very handy for
> tracking Tomcat performance. I wrote some perl scripts which analyze the
> logs to generate statistical data which can then be used to generate
> reports and trend graphs. Is this something we might want to include with
> the mod_jk distribution?

+1

I like perl ( really ! ) :-)

Costin

Re: JkRequestLogFormat for JK 1.2.x on Apache 2.0 ?

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> Henri Gomez wrote:

+1, you should create a tools subdir in jtc/jk.

Re: JkRequestLogFormat for JK 1.2.x on Apache 2.0 ?

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@mappingsoft.com>.

Yes, we could using ap_register_log_handler, like mod_ssl does.

But you will need to use that in the format of
%{...}j or something...

MT.

Re: JkRequestLogFormat for JK 1.2.x on Apache 2.0 ?

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@mappingsoft.com>.

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.

--
Costin

Re: JkRequestLogFormat for JK 1.2.x on Apache 2.0 ?

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.