Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ck...@onebox.com on 2006/09/13 21:15:13 UTC

Keeping tables together with FOP 0.92b

I' recently back to working with FOP. I have a document that consists of a number of tables with widely-varying numbers of rows. Sometimes several tables will fit entirely onto a single page, with others will span several pages. The problem I'm having involves those cases where a table almost fits onto a page, but one or two rows flow over onto the next page. I'd like to start a new page if the table won't fit onto the current one.

I've tried some keep-with-previous tacks, but when a very long table won't fit onto a single page FOP errors out.

Does anyone have a sure-fire method for causing a table to start on a new page if all the rows won't fit on the current page?

Thanks.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email

Re: Keeping tables together with FOP 0.92b

Posted by paul <sa...@gmx.ch>.
Hi

I'm not an experienced user, but have you tried "keep-with-next"? It did work
for me, although with other undesired side-effects (see my post with the
superlong title "keep-with-next causes last row of previous table to come along".

regards

Re: Keeping tables together with FOP 0.92b

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
The XSL-FO style approach would be not to use "always" for the keep
property but an integer number. But this hasn't been implemented, yet.

On 13.09.2006 21:15:13 cknell wrote:
> I' recently back to working with FOP. I have a document that consists of
> a number of tables with widely-varying numbers of rows. Sometimes
> several tables will fit entirely onto a single page, with others will
> span several pages. The problem I'm having involves those cases where a
> table almost fits onto a page, but one or two rows flow over onto the
> current one.
>
> I've tried some keep-with-previous tacks, but when a very long table
> won't fit onto a single page FOP errors out.
>
> Does anyone have a sure-fire method for causing a table to start on a
> new page if all the rows won't fit on the current page?

Jeremias Maerki