Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ashish kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/17 17:18:21 UTC

Default server and virtual host in Apache1.3.22

Hi,
I am trying to configure 2 virtual host in apache
1.3.22 on windows 2000.
I am Using Name-based Virtual Hosts,
my default server name is
pfizer-maps, with DocumentRoot "C:/maps" and ipaddress
192.168.186.229
then i define 2 virtual host
they look some thing like this
NameVirtualHost 192.168.186.229
<VirtualHost 192.168.186.229>
    ServerName as400-maps
    DocumentRoot "C:/mapsjrun/pages"
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 192.168.186.229>
	ServerName testvh
        DocumentRoot "C:/application/maps"
</VirtualHost>
every thing works fine for virtualhost, if i get
request by as400-maps name i go to its document root,
and if i get request testvh i go to its document root,

but when i get request as pfizer-maps i go to the
document root of as400-maps.
Now the question is, does apache work like this only,
i came accross a document at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#namevirtualhost
which has a statement
Note: the "main server" and any _default_ servers will
never be served for a request to a NameVirtualHost IP
Address
so what does this mean , can i access the server
default document root or not, i am a bit confused how
can i access my default server

Ashish

RE: Default server and virtual host in Apache1.3.22

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Ashish kulkarni [mailto:kulkarni_ash13@yahoo.com]

> Thanx Joshua  for the solutions i got from u, now i
> have to set tomcat4.0 with apache 1.3.22 with virtual
> host are there any links of step by step insturction
> where i can go and set this

You're probably better off asking this on the tomcat users mailing list.

Joshua.

RE: Default server and virtual host in Apache1.3.22

Posted by Ashish kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.