Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Chris Misztur <cm...@mriiot.com> on 2020/04/01 12:11:39 UTC

User bypassing auth

I have one user who is able to close the browser (tried Chrome and FF), and evening reboot his PC, go to Guac URL and is allowed back in without auth.  I have it set up for LDAP and TOTP.

Is something getting cached server side?

Chris

Re: User bypassing auth

Posted by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>.
Sent you a private message with the code.

-----
A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole  installations

Re: User bypassing auth

Posted by Chris Misztur <cm...@mriiot.com>.
@sciUser: I do not see any source to include in index.html... Can you
resend?

Thanks
Chris

Re: User bypassing auth

Re: User bypassing auth

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 8:11 AM Chris Misztur <cm...@mriiot.com> wrote:

> I have one user who is able to close the browser (tried Chrome and FF),
> and evening reboot his PC, go to Guac URL and is allowed back in without
> auth.  I have it set up for LDAP and TOTP.
>
> Is something getting cached server side?

Guacamole's authentication system issues tokens for the logins.  If the
user does not explicitly Log Out (which deletes the token), then it is
possible that, within a reasonable amount of time, they can come back and
expect to not have to log in, again.  Guacamole will periodically expire
these tokens, forcing a new login.  This is fairly consistent with how most
web sites behave - that is, I don't have to log in to my e-mail every time
I close it out and re-open it - it prompts me periodically, but certainly
not every time.

-Nick