Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/10/06 11:07:48 UTC

Add fix from the Apache Flex project?

Hi,

I am currently cleaning up a real messy build we inherited from Adobe. Part of this build builds a "patched" version of xerces, that seems to fix some problems they were having:

A patch for Apache Xerces 2.9.1 to retain line number information
for XML tag attributes that may extend onto multiple lines.

So I thought it might have been Adobe's way of dealing with things, the proper way however to have this sorted out would be to actually have this fixed in the original project.

If you could please have a look at this:

https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/tree/develop/modules/thirdparty/xerces-patch

[https://avatars1.githubusercontent.com/u/47359?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/tree/develop/modules/thirdparty/xerces-patch>

flex-sdk/modules/thirdparty/xerces-patch at develop · apache/flex-sdk · GitHub
flex-sdk - Mirror of Apache Flex SDK
Weitere Informationen...<https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk/tree/develop/modules/thirdparty/xerces-patch>

I would be glad to be of assistance in sorting out any problems.

Chris

AW: AW: Add fix from the Apache Flex project?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... thanks for the "help" and the enlightening "discussion" ... we'll just continue shipping hacked stone-aged versions of xerces.

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Re: AW: Add fix from the Apache Flex project?

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
PING?

... is this a dead list?