Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "jerry jiang. 蒋维" <je...@tyxtech.com> on 2012/12/07 14:38:08 UTC

cs supports guest OS custermization

Hi all,

does cloudstack support to custermize guest OS (windows-based and Linux-based) when to deploy a VM?

I would the custermized tool can assign new computer name, ip, mac addr and admin password.

--Jerry

Re: cs supports guest OS custermization

Posted by Marc Cirauqui <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For IP and MAC address it is different in every vm. For hostname, in Linux
guests it provides the name you enter when deploying a vm in the ui as the
hostname. For admin password you should install password management scripts
into your templates (linux & windows).

thx